Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bible Study 2 Timothy 1 Be Bold to Lead & Preach

We hear sermons at least once every week and usually more if you attend home cell groups and get more from the internet. Do we really know how to live a meaningful and tough life like Paul? This is his last departing message to his protege Timothy. The secrets must be here. Read to know about it.
For this series of bible study, I shall try something new - that is to study the Bible in mind-map format. I have been doing that for many years. I will
  1. start with an electronic Bible, e.g. e-sword,net or theword.net are FOC.
  2. copy a passage, paste it over a mind-mapping software and then 
  3. break the verses down to study the words and ensure I don't miss out any detail.
  4. reflect on the learning and coming out with tagline titles to summarize and group the verses.
  5. highlight the important concepts and give my own comments.
  6. coming out with questions for reflection.
If you have been following my blogs, you will see that my posts tend to have mind-maps. It is easier and faster for me to do mind-mapping first. Then I will have to write from the mind-map to get a document that people can read. This transcribing could take a lot of time. For some people, the mind-map provides greater clarity and faster reading and learning.

So here it is, the mind-map for 2 Timothy Chapter 1 which I titled it as "Be Bold to Lead and to Preach".

After you have read through the mind-map, here are the questions for your reflections. The answers are located in the mind-map as well.
  1. How can we fulfill our calling of God?
  2. What is the key verse for this chapter?
  3. How do we be concerned about our friend?
  4. How can we be like Paul serving God gratefully even when in prison (1:8)?
  5. What are the key things that God give to enable us to live out our calling in life?
Lim Liat (c) 2 Nov 2011

No comments: