John 7:1-10 The Decision Making Method of Jesus
Q1. How did Jesus make his decision to go to Jerusalem?
We can learn the following three things about the decision making of Jesus.
- He asked God.
He recognized the need to ask and be led by God. John 7:6,8 My time has not yet come.
- He did not succumb to the pressure by the people,
not even his brothers. John 7:3-5
- He acted on God's guidance and timing immediately despite the danger.
He put his life and trust in God's hands. He did it with wisdom John 7:10b then he also went up, not publicly but in private.
- Those who believe in Him.
- John 7:31 many of the people believed in him. They said, “When the Christ appears, will he do more signs than this man has done?”.
- John 7:40 When they heard these words, some of the people said, "This really is the Prophet." John 7:41a Others said, "This is the Christ."
- The officers of the Pharisees! Johm 7:46 The officers answered, "No one ever spoke like this man!"
- Nicodemus John 7:50-51
- Those who are against Him.
- the chief priests and Pharisees John 7:32 ... sent officers to arrest him.Joh 7:48 Have any of the authorities or the Pharisees believed in him?
- Those who are not sure.
- John 7:25 Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, "Is not this the man whom they seek to kill?
- Joh 7:41b But some said, "Is the Christ to come from Galilee?"
- Joh 7:43 So there was a division among the people over him.
- My Claims - Joh 7:16 "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.
- You can verify for yourself - My teaching follow the Scriptures (Moses et al) John 7:17 do it and see.
- I seek not my own benefits or interests but the Father God who sent me. There is no hidden agenda. It is truth. John 7:18
- I knew you wanted to kill me because I healed a man on Sabbath. John 7:19.
- The Purpose of Sabbath is for Man as Circumcision can be done on Sabbath. John 7:21-23
- Judge rightly and not by appearance only.
- Appearance are physical outward signs only. John 7:28
- The truth is my claims, your verification, my accurate prediction which you can verify later. John 7:28-34
- I am the giver of living waters that is eternal. John 7:37-38