- End-time living should not be different from normal living of a good believers except for greater urgency and increased opposition.
- Be ready for Christ to come any time, yet be ready to wait for a long time, and being faithful and optimize the opportunity in the mean time.
- Be sober = know the will of God. see Eph 5:16-17 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- Have self-control, being busy in the carrying out the will of God so that there is no time for sins
- Be prepare to suffer and persecuted by the world, but be not suffering our own wrong doing.
- There is a particular and peculiar kind of persecutions suffered by believers - doing the wrong things for the right reasons. e.g. spending too much time on church activities and neglect office work and hence resulting in scolding by boss for poor performance and despised by colleagues. Believers should know how to lead a balanced life, not in moderation, but in optimal performance for family, career, ministry and community.
- Optimize, develop, and use our God given gifts and particular grace to serve one another and to accomplish the the will of God.
- Loving one another, covering the hurts, strife and damages caused by sins. Don't let the devils create problems in our midst by our love for one another. Be hospital to others,
- When under persecution, don't take things into your own hands. Trust God to execute justice for you.
- God will judge his people first and then the world.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Bible Study 1Peter Chapter 4 Discussion
The following additional points were raised: