Friday, February 23, 2024

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles -Luk 9:1-6 Sent Out To Preach & Heal - Living by Faith

We only know something well when we can act on it. We cannot say we know how to swim until we really can swim in the water. “Little children, let us not love in word or speech, but in deed and in truth” (1 Jn 3:18). Here we see Jesus sending out his disciples to preach and heal like him. He is replicating himself in the lives of his disciples. If we are followers of Christ, then do we think and behave like Him?


Lessons:

  • Learning is not just by hearing sermons but by putting what is heard into practice
  • Leaving by faith is obedience to what we have been commanded.
    • Galatians 2:20 NIV  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
  • What are our priorities and values in life? Is Christ first?  Are our values the same as the Bible? Where and who do we give our time and money to?
  • How do you reproduce yourself? How do you bring up your successors?
    Send them out. Delegation.

No comments: