Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution Luke 21:10-19 --- Signs of the end times and the trials

While times are getting bad, and persecutions arise against Christians, Jesus assured us not to worry but to trust God to care for, answer for, and deliver us. Can we sleep peacefully with such assurances?


Lessons:

  • Increasing Difficult Times:
    • Increase wars, earthquakes, famines, pandemics, violent weathers.... destruction and death
  • Persecutions of Christians
    • the bright side is those are times for witnessing
    • Be at peace and worry not because God will guide you in giving the answers
    • Answers that will overcome the opposition
  • God will protect you and you just need to stay the course.
  • Believers should expect opposition and suffering in this world, they must remain faithful and trust in God's protection and provision of strength. Perseverance in the face of persecution is the path to eternal life in Christ It is God at work in us to enable us to persevere in challenging times.
  • Certainly! The concept of God working within believers to enable perseverance is supported by various verses throughout the Bible. Here are a few examples:
  • 1. Philippians 2:13 (NIV):
    • "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."
  • 2. Philippians 4:13 (NIV):
    • "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
  • 3. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV):
    • "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
  • 4. Ephesians 3:16 (NIV):
    • "I pray that out of his glorious riches, he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,"
  • 5. 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV):
    • "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

No comments: